A dynamic Filipina professional who owns and manages Art Dynamics Cebu, a speech and talent development company established in May 2006 in Cebu City, Philippines. Has worked in the media and entertainment scene since 2001 as a journalist, talent trainer and motivator, stage host, public relations consultant and events producer.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

PERSONAL BACKGROUND

People usually guess it right: My name is a combination of my parents' nicknames. Born on September 1, 1980 in D. Jakosalem Street, Cebu City, Philippines, I am Rudynah Daguil Entera, the second eldest among six children of Claudio "Rudy" Monceda Entera, Sr. (whose clan from Dalaguete Cebu is of Spanish descent, I was told) and Maximina "Mina" Alterado Daguil (whose typically conservative Filipino family hails from Leyte). I have lived all my life in the queen city of the South where people from different parts of the world flock during Sinulog Mardi gras every January. (This is a colorful festivity with street dancing and float parade that honors Cebu's patron saint, Señor Sto. Niño.)
Call me Dynah, Miss D or En-en, even Rudz or Dynz... whatever you feel like calling me, I am cool with it. However, you should not bastardize my full name's spelling. True, it is unique and difficult to spell out. But you'll get it if you are smart enough. No room for amnesia here.
People say I have this killer smile and modulated voice that is so-Dynah. Whatever is behind that always-happy and optimistic aura, it's something I can always get away with and handle gracefully. People describe me as bubbly, friendly, charming, goal-driven, idealistic, flexible, patient, thoughtful, family-oriented and God-fearing. But you know, there's one thing about me that might sound ironic to you: I am a worry-queen, yes. It's the positive conscience that helps me out in dealing with it though, not to mention the endless encouragement I get from my family and my special someone.
As the second eldest, I am quite a strict but supportive sister to my four brothers (Renante, Romero, Claudio and Romnick) and my only sister Margie. My relatives describe me as my mother's replica, a carbon copy so to say. At least, I now have an idea how I'd look when I get a little older (smiles). The stronger decision-maker at the household, I make things happen when I feel strongly about achieving them. A go-getter-- that's how I am even when life becomes harsh sometimes.
As a child, I never enjoyed luxurious toys or street games because I was always interested in holding my pencil and paper, if not doing an errand for mom.
As a teenager even until graduating from college, to love and be loved (or in other words, being in a serious love relationship) had to be my least priority. I was always a school-oriented girl, who later got hooked up to my career in media and entertainment. I didn't realize there's more to life than just working and providing for the family. I didn't open doors for heart matters not until October 2004 when the universe must have conspired for me to meet "The One".
True enough, I am a sociable, outgoing and communicative woman in a blossoming city. But I have stood to be as principled and morally upright especially in issues of intimacy and professional diplomacy. I hate confrontations and certainly avoid conflicts with relatives or friends; my heart easily gets crashed by scenarios such as beggars asking alms on the roads, street vendors, homeless people and orphans. I don't live in a luxurious lifestyle, which is something good becuase I was taught to humble down and share blessings.
"Those who humble down themselves shall be exalted, and those who exalt themselves shall be humbled." I always have this adage in my mind.
INTERESTS
Music, arts and communication, public speaking (especially hosting events), journalism, Internet surfing, business and travel, entertainment, fitness, movie marathons at night, R&B-pop-ballad-country songs, high-heeled shoes, blouse-and-pants (not skirts), Scrabble, reality TV shows, cause-oriented programs, coffee table discussions, writing poems and composing songs (lately)
FAVORITE SONGS
Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts, Love Moves in Mysterious Ways by Julian Fordham, Get Here by Oleta Adams, Officially Missing You by Tamia, Hey by Fatima Rainey, Cross My Heart by George Strait, That's The Way It Is by Celine Dion, So Slow by The Freestyle, Out of Reach by Gabrielle, Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguelera, Reach for the Stars, The Prayer by Charlotte Church and Josh Groban, Colors of the Wind, Sound of Music's Do-Re-Mi and So Long, Born for You by David Pomeranz, If I Aint Got You by Alicia Keys, Survivor by Destiny's Child, Thank God I Found You, Next In Line, Animal Song....and more.
MOTTO
If you think positive, aim high and act big, impossible things can become possible.
GREATEST GOALS (before 2015)
To settle down and have three kids, become a lifestyle TV host abroad just like Oprah and put up a foundation that grants scholarships to unprivileged but artistic and intellectual students
GREATEST POSSESSIONS
Immaterial---my ever-understanding and supportive parents
Material---Personal computer that connects me to my love and the world

Know more by clicking on other posts/icons....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are simply Dynah the Diva!
I have always admired you as a person.
Dream on...

10 January, 2007 05:05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home